Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Reply to this topic
 dvd drive problem
post Jun 5 2010, 05:54 AM
Post #1
ak66

Group: Members

Thank(s): 0

India

i have a pentium dual core cpu (lenovo think centre 8295-B99)computer when i installed winxp sp3 after some time i am unable to run setup or boot from cd/dvd it shows os not found same cd is booting other systems.kindly help me.

+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2010, 05:57 AM
Post #2
Sha0
Frequent Member   ***
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 109

Canada

What is the boot order set to in BIOS? If your BIOS does not have a boot order, can you press a key to choose which disk to boot from? If so, can you choose to boot from the CD? If that fails, suspect bad hardware on the part of your CD-ROM drive.
+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #3
ak66

Group: Members

Thank(s): 0

India

selected boot from cd-dvd it starts blue screen shows os not found & boots from HD my computer shows dvd drive does not read all types of files specially exe files.
+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #4
Sha0
Frequent Member   ***
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 109

Canada

I would suspect a hardware failure as mentioned and don't know what does not read all types of files specially exe means I guess you mean you can't run programs if that's what you mean that could be anything even a virus or it could imply a hardware failure or maybe you just need to clean the DVD-ROM drive's lens if you can reach it
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Problem installing FiraDisk on xp-sp3
7 ccuappz 394 1st June 2010 - 05:52 AM
Last post by: ccuappz
No new Topic has attachmentsProblem loading MBR with TrueCrypt Loader
18 admit 4,559 26th May 2010 - 10:30 AM
Last post by: sebus
No New Posts Problem compiling under windows xp
6 stonesonnow 446 25th May 2010 - 10:43 AM
Last post by: stonesonnow
No New Posts DriverForge with DPs packages - DrvF_DPS
DriverForge with DPs packages for LiveXP
10 Lancelot 4,568 30th April 2010 - 03:14 PM
Last post by: kickarse
No New Posts DriverForge Driver Installer
5 billonious 3,736 30th April 2010 - 03:10 PM
Last post by: kickarse

Display Mode: Standard · Switch to: Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum