Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topic
 Translators wanted for RMPrepUSB - please help!, Should just take a few hours work
Rating 5 V
post May 16 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #1
steve6375
Frequent Member   ***
Group: Developer

Thank(s): 99

United Kingdom

Please see http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=99260 for details.

This first Post #1 will be kept up to date and contain summary of progress and latest version.

The work should be quite simple for anyone (no programming experience required) and you can test the results instantly.

For example, if you can speak German...

1. Download RMPrepUSB from the link above
2. Copy the English.ini file to your chosen language - e.g. copy English.ini to Deutsch.ini
3. Edit the new Deutsch.ini file to change the text on the right of the = signs into German
4. Run RMPrepUSB.exe and select Deutsch from the language box
5. Check all buttons and text and Help text
6. Edit Deutsch.ini as required if needed and save file
7. Click on 'Deutsch' box again and it will autoload the new changes and test again
8. When finished, upload to Boot-Land in your post.

Don't forget to put your name in the INI file as a comment.

I will update the next version of RMPrepUSB with your INI file.

I already have volunteers for so far (but not yet received dry.gif ) (please check both threads as I can't keep this up to date quick enough!):

Dutch
Turkish
German
Dutch
PT Brazilian
Indonesian

List of INI files actually received so far (11 June 2010):

Chinese Traditional.ini
Chinese Simplified.ini
English.ini
Espa�ol.ini
French.ini
Italian.ini
Polski.ini
Portugues.ini
Romanian.ini
Russian.ini
Swedish.ini

I am looking for any others??? If anyone has any INI files and they cannot include the download in their post, you can use www.mediafire.com or similar and include the link in the post.

Latest Version here http://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb
version 2.0.809

Note: version 2.0.806 and later require RICHTX32.OCX file, this is included in the download and can be installed on your Windows PC using the script which is also included.

Includes original Word doc PDF source file in LANG folder.
If you click on Help and then OK, and you have a Deutsch language selected, RMPrepUSB_Deutsch.pdf will be launched instead of RMPrepUSB.PDF, so if you feel really bored you can also provide a fully translated PDF in your own language! You can use CutePDF to save the document as a PDF from Word if you like.

--------------------
Steve

Try RMPrepUSB for partitioning, formatting and making bootable your USB Flash Drive under Windows (supports FAT16/FAT32/NTFS, MSDOS/FreeDOS/XP/Vista, boot as Hard disk or floppy disk).

The revenue from clicking on publicity at this post is helping steve6375
Boot Land shares publicity revenue with its members.

+Quote Post
post May 21 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #2
Wonko the Sane
Gold Member   *****
Group: Advanced user

Thank(s): 155

Italy

QUOTE (steve6375 @ May 21 2010, 07:19 PM) *
I know have portugese with polish and turkish pending, any other volunteers please?

I hope you have not such a monster. scared9.gif

This is "portuguese with polish and turkish":
RMPREPUSB harika bir program, mas o programador tem alguma confusao na angielski składni

w00t.gif

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that right now you have volunteers to translate in:
  • portuguese
  • polish
  • turkish

roll1.gif

cheers.gif
Wonko

--------------------

Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin

But ... then, why?
+Quote Post
post May 21 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #3
patsch
Silver Member   ****

Thank(s): 60

Germany

If I have some time next week, I will try to translate into german
+Quote Post
post May 22 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #4
steve6375
Frequent Member   ***

United Kingdom

QUOTE (patsch @ May 21 2010, 08:42 PM) *
If I have some time next week, I will try to translate into german

Many thanks smile.gif , I am working on a new version which has an extra button 'Speed Test'. This performs a non-destructive read/write speed test which takes about 30 seconds and save the results into a .csv file. The Speed Test is also run when you run the Test Drive function too. This means you can record the read/write speed of every USB drive you have into the .csv file. The test that is performed is a block I/O test and the USB drive does not need to be partitioned or formatted. Thus the speeds measured are the fastest speed for that device and is not dependant on how the drive was formatted.

This means that I am adding a new button and new help text. I will post in the RMPrepUSB thread in a day or so.

Thanks again
Steve

--------------------
Steve

Try RMPrepUSB for partitioning, formatting and making bootable your USB Flash Drive under Windows (supports FAT16/FAT32/NTFS, MSDOS/FreeDOS/XP/Vista, boot as Hard disk or floppy disk).
+Quote Post
post May 22 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #5
Wonko the Sane
Gold Member   *****

Italy

I am looking to the Italian translation.
I see a few problems in the "original" English.
cmdFileToUSB=File to U&SB
cmdUSBtoFile=&USB to File
chkBartPE=&BartPE to USB

I "translated" these as:
cmdFileToUSB=File -> U&SB
cmdUSBtoFile=&USB -> File
chkBartPE=&BartPE -> USB

and they should need not to be translated in any other language. wink.gif

This :
cmdGrubInst=Install &Grub Bootloader

since what is installed is grub4dos and NOT GRUB ranting2.gif
should be:
cmdGrubInst=Install &grub4dos Bootloader

the Italian should go as:
cmdGrubInst=Installa bootloader &grub4dos

but it won't fit in the button, if people doesn't know that grub4dos is a bootloader, they'd better not use this feature. dubbio.gif
cmdGrubInst=Installa &grub4dos

lstLang_mouseMove=LANGUAGE SELECTION - Choose you language from a selection of INI files

lstLang_mouseMove=LANGUAGE SELECTION - Choose your language from a selection of INI files

There may be problems with hot-keys.

The Usual ones in Italian should be mantained, like:
  • A for Aiuto (Help)
  • C for Copia (Copy)
  • E for Esci (Exit)

it is likely that I will have to remove some Hot-keys (as they will be duplicated) unless you want to use an "unnatural" italian for the captions.
Is there a "priority" list of the "main" hot-keys?

More generally Italian is a little more "verbose" than English, this:
lbltip=Please note: Use FAT32 if you require a partition over 2GB in size. Edit the 'Size' textbox if you require a smaller partition.

Translates to:
lbltip=Per favore, da notare: usare FAT32 se volete una partizione di dimensioni maggiori di 2 Gb. Cambiate il valore nella casella "Dimensione" se volete una partizione pi� piccola.

that won't fit in the space available.
I can manage this particular issue:
lbltip=Nota: usare FAT32 per una partizione maggiore di 2 Gb. Cambiate il valore nella casella "Dimensione" per una partizione pi� piccola.

but if we had some more "available space, it would be easier.

FrameImgTools=Image Tools

translates to:
FrameImgTools=Strumenti Copia Immagini

I can tranlate to just "Immagini" but it won't be understanadable.

You miss a ( :
txtHBOX=To partition, format and make bootable a USB drive:\n===============================\nFollow the steps numbered 1 to 6\n1. First select a USB drive and change the partition size (optional).\n2. Change the Volume Label (optional).\n3. Select the boot option.\n4. Change File System and Overrides (optional).\n5. Select the folder containing your files that you want to be copied\n and tick the check box (optional).\n6. Click 'Prepare Drive' to partition and format your USB drive.\n\nNote: The Image buttons can be used to backup and restore USB drives.\n\n\n Click 'OK' to view PDF Help file...

I would "call out" the optional steps explicitly:
Follow the steps numbered 1 to 6
  1. Select a USB drive
  2. (optional) Change the partition size and the Volume Label
  3. Select the boot option.
  4. (optional) Change File System and Overrides
  5. (optional) Select the folder containing your files that you want to be copied and tick the check box
  6. Click 'Prepare Drive' to partition and format your USB drive.

About this:
Select the folder containing your files that you want to be copied

Wouldn't this be better:
Select the folder containing the files that you want to be copied

dubbio.gif

Please, don't take it as an offence, but I think that the parts of the GUI could be better organized, even in the original "quick help", the 1. in the GUI, actually correspond to second step of point #1, and an indication for "step #0" (choosing the USB drive) is missing in the GUI.
Also, cannot say if possible but the "text field" is populated as soon as you enter the corresponding item and INSTANTLY cleared as soon as you exit it with the mouse, the effect is when hovering with the mouse of flashing text.
Would it be possible to populate the text as soon as the GUI object is under the mouse arrow AND let it as is UNTIL another object is under the mouse arrow? unsure.gif
This effect is evident as it works like I am suggesting in the "Image Tools" buttons, but it doesn't with other objects like the buttons on the right.

cheers.gif
Wonko

--------------------

But ... then, why?
+Quote Post
post May 22 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #6
steve6375
Frequent Member   ***

United Kingdom

Hi Wonko
Thanks for taking the trouble to help. There was a similar situation with Portuguese, in that some frame labels would not fit.
I really don't want to make the boxes any bigger as it is already quite a large window for an 800x600 screen, so either leave them in English and put the help text in Italian or shorten the Italian words (maybe abbreviate?).
I like the suggestions of File -> USB, etc. Also, I will see what I can do about making the text stick.
I will fix the typos, thanks. I think that because of the help box, the text on the controls does not have to be full if it won't fit, as long as it does what it says on the tin. cmdGrubInst=Installa &grub4dos is fine.

S

--------------------
Steve

+Quote Post
post May 22 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #7
steve6375
Frequent Member   ***

United Kingdom

QUOTE (steve6375 @ May 22 2010, 04:15 PM) *
Hi Wonko
Thanks for taking the trouble to help. There was a similar situation with Portuguese, in that some frame labels would not fit.
I really don't want to make the boxes any bigger as it is already quite a large window for an 800x600 screen, so either leave them in English and put the help text in Italian or shorten the Italian words (maybe abbreviate?).
I like the suggestions of File -> USB, etc. Also, I will see what I can do about making the text stick.
I will fix the typos, thanks. I think that because of the help box, the text on the controls does not have to be full if it won't fit, as long as it does what it says on the tin. cmdGrubInst=Installa &grub4dos is fine.

S

new version here, has smaller text, new speed test button and portuguese.ini + corrections to english.ini (thanks to Wonko)

[Edit]see http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=100280 for latest version[/Edit]

--------------------
Steve

+Quote Post
post May 23 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #8
Wonko the Sane
Gold Member   *****

Italy

thumbsup.gif

Sorry if I seem picky, (basically because I am picky wink.gif).

The bootloader you are using is NOT:
  • GRUB
  • Grub4DOS
  • grUb
  • GRUB4dos
  • etc., etc

It is:
grub4dos

cmdGrubInst=Install &Grub4DOS grub4dos

Cmdgrubinst_MouseMove=GRUB grub4dos - Installs grub4DOS grub4dos to the MBR and optionally copies over grldr. The executables grubinst.exe and grldr must be in the RMPrepUSB folder. Grub grub4dos will look for a menu.lst file when the drive boots.

Also, grldr is not an executable AFAIK. And grub4dos will look for a menu.lst in: root of the drive, \boot\grub\menu.lst and \grub\menu.lst.

This seems to me like more "exact":
Cmdgrubinst_MouseMove=grub4dos - Installs grub4dos' glrldr.mbr to the MBR and optionally copies over grldr. The files grubinst.exe and grldr must be in the RMPrepUSB folder. grub4dos will look for a menu.lst file when the drive boots in: root of the drive(s), \boot\grub\menu.lst and \grub\menu.lst.

cheers.gif
Wonko

--------------------

But ... then, why?
1 user(s) said "Thank you!" to Wonko the Sane for this fantastic post:
steve6375
+Quote Post
post May 23 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #9
steve6375
Frequent Member   ***

United Kingdom

QUOTE (steve6375 @ May 23 2010, 10:56 AM) *
ok.gif

Hi Wonko

I have put a new exe and English and Portuguese files here [xxxxxx removed xxxxxx] (no DLLs or other files in this download - only the changed files).
The new RMPrepUSB.exe (v2.0.803) has scroll bars in the help box.
Also you can change font size and type for some labels now by changing settings in the INI file. This should help to fit the text in better. Many thanks!

[Edit]see http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=100280 for latest version[/Edit]

--------------------
Steve

+Quote Post
post May 23 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #10
Wonko the Sane
Gold Member   *****

Italy

I know I am a PITA scared9.gif, but:
cmdtest_MouseMove=QUICKTEST - Tests the whole drive for missing memory and reports usable 'good' size. A cheap 16GB UFD may actually only have 2GB of memory!\nRe-format to the reported 'good' size, then test with H2TESTW.

A cheap 16Gb stick may be 16Gb.
A cheap 16Gb may be a "fake" one with smaller size, not necessarily 2 Gb, I've seen 512 Mb stick sold as 32 Gb.

What the heck is H2TESTW? w00t.gif

cmdclean_MouseMove=CLEAN - Writes 0's to the Master Boot Record (LBA 0). Use this command if you are getting errors from RMPrepUSB.

cmdclean_MouseMove=CLEAN - Writes 00's to the Master Boot Record (CHS 0/0/1 or LBA 0). Use this command if you are getting errors from RMPrepUSB.

cmdFileToUSB_MouseMove=FILEtoUSB - Reads image file contents and writes them to the selected USB drive. The file must be a non-compressed binary image. Note: All other RMPrepUSB options are ignored.

cmdFileToUSB_MouseMove=FILEtoUSB - Reads image file contents and writes them to the selected USB drive. The file must be a non-compressed byte-by-byte or dd-like image of either a "superfloppy" or a "whole partitioned disk". Note: All other RMPrepUSB options are ignored.

dubbio.gif

Consequently:
cmdUSBtoFile_MouseMove=USBtoFILE - Reads USB contents and writes them to an image file. The file will be a non-compressed binary image.

cmdUSBtoFile_MouseMove=USBtoFILE - Reads USB contents and writes them to an image file. The file will be a non-compressed byte-by-byte or dd-like image of the whole device.

(i.e. if I get it right you select in step 0, in the case of a multipartitioned disk, a drive letter, but you actually image the whole device or \\.\PhysicalDrive, right? unsure.gif)

About USB INFO, can you use in the pop-up window some kind of control (like the field where contextual help is shown that is actually selectable for a copy and paste?

Anout the box where contextual help is shown, if the text is longer than the available space, it correctly shows scrolling bars, too bad that you practiacally cannot "get there" with the mouse to actually scroll. (actually you can wink.gif by carefully moving the mouse along the outer edge of the window and in the space between the buttons, but it's crazy w00t.gif). Since most mice nowadays have a scroll wheel, maybe you could somehow give the focus to the "help box" so that the scrolling wheel works? unsure.gif

cheers.gif
Wonko

--------------------

But ... then, why?
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Force dismount of imdisk volume from the command line
2 RobTaylor 100 14th June 2010 - 02:33 PM
Last post by: RobTaylor
No new Topic has attachmentsRMPrepUSB - Bootable USB format utility
A new Windows USB tool to replace HP Format Utility
299 steve6375 112,043 14th June 2010 - 09:00 AM
Last post by: mactepu
No New Posts RMPrepUSB – Amazing USB Formatting Tool!
0 agni 371 12th April 2010 - 03:59 PM
Last post by: agni
No New Posts Forum Cleanup
0 Nuno Brito 313 13th March 2010 - 04:49 PM
Last post by: Nuno Brito
No New Posts Format an hidden fat32 partition or partition manager program
8 guimenez 869 26th February 2010 - 03:44 PM
Last post by: guimenez