Hello dear guest!

Boot Land is a community driven pc software site established since 2006 and focused on recovery/backup boot disks, research of Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 install/deployment/lease/antivirus/antispam tools, customizing Microsoft Windows PE administration systems and even learning how to recover computer data from disaster situations!

How about joining our boot disk community? So do it. Life's short!

- You get free access to our newsletter with all the interesting buzz about boot disks
  - We share publicity revenue with everyone who wishes to participate at the forums
  - Publicity is never, never, never displayed to members (along with many other cool things)
http://boot-land.net/register

Reply to this topic
 Shell & Config - These lines don't work as expected. Are they even needed, IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig
post Apr 22 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #1
Rick

Group: Members

Thank(s): 0

United States

I don't know if (1) I am using the wrong scripts (2) the lines are incorrectly coded or (3) they aren't needed anymore.

I was wondering why I had to manually start networking services through PeNetCfg once the Win7PE loaded when I noticed that these lines in the Shell&Config.script produced entries in Win7pe.cfg that did nothing. In the VistaPE.cfg they executed correctly because they were coded with a different command "AddPostConfig" which doesn't appear to exist in the 8.x release.

CODE
#Postconfig from the 8-Rel of WinBuilder (these are the original lines from the download)
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"DNS Client","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qDnscache#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"Server","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qLanmanServer#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"User Profile Service","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qProfSvc#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"Computer Browser","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qBrowser#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"Human Interface Device Access","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qhidserv#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$qswprv#$q",3
#IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"","x:\windows\system32\net.exe","start #$q#$q",3

After a bit of study I replaced these lines as follows

CODE
#Postconfig from Rick's brain to this script
#IniWriteTextLine inserts in LIFO order on the assumption that the [postconfig] lines are executed from top to bottom.
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|Network Start|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$q#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qswprv#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|Human Interface Device Access|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qhidserv#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|Computer Browser|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qBrowser#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|User Profile Service|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qProfSvc#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|Server|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qLanmanServer#$q"
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"wait|DNS Client|x:\windows\system32\net.exe#$sstart#$s#$qDnscache#$q"

Now the lines execute... but then I started wondering. Are they even needed with Win7PE?

Finally I coded an autostart of the network using this scripted command and a PeNetCfg.ini file

CODE
IniWriteTextLine,"%pecfg%",PostConfig,"hidewait|PENetCfg|#$qx:\program files\penetcfg\penetcfg.exe#$q#$s/useprofile:mc.ini",APPEND

CODE
; PE Network Configurator (PENetCfg) v2.33
; Copyright (C) 2003-2009 Pierre Mounir (TheTruth)
;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[General]
AutoStartNet     = Yes
PromptForProfile = No
ShowGUI          = No
[NetID]
ComputerName     = WinPE
Workgroup        = WORKGROUP
PrimaryDNSSuffix = montgomerycollege.edu
[Notes]
This profile configures network settings for use with Windows 7 Win PE on Mongomery College networks

My questions to the list are;
(1) is there an easier way to do this?
(2) Should I be using a different script?
(3) Are the commands I "fixed" even needed anymore?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic ()

Collapse

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Asus Eee Pad | VHD guide | Microsoft Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 3.0 beta 2
0 Michael Pietroforte 138 31st May 2010 - 08:27 PM
Last post by: Michael Pietroforte
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsAre you getting email notifications?
13 Nuno Brito 584 26th May 2010 - 11:09 PM
Last post by: Mikorist
No new Topic has attachmentsConfigurable gfxmenu
15 Bean123 11,429 23rd May 2010 - 07:43 AM
Last post by: Mr.xx
No New Posts ShellExecute - cmd problem
9 MedEvil 520 16th May 2010 - 05:14 PM
Last post by: MedEvil
No New Posts Configuration Manager 2007 Dashboard released ? Hyper-V power management ? Hyper-V dynamic memory ? Deploying virtual desktops ? High performance computing ? IE9 flying images analyzed
0 Michael Pietroforte 155 8th April 2010 - 09:53 PM
Last post by: Michael Pietroforte

Display Mode: Switch to: Standard · Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum