Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
online doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
Advanced Member
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 0*
Local Time: Feb 4 2008, 09:08 PM
392 posts (2 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

Members

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
21 Jan 2008
Read Topic
VistaPE and PNP Detection
A major issue in VistaPE is the Hardware Support and its strictly related Detection.

Everyone was looked for a way to reach this goal...

My recent script about GeForce Graphics Card installation in VistaPE let to hope in good perspectives...

About nVIDIA ForceWare Drivers installation under VistaPE my personal experience was the following: time, efforts and infinite trials aside my script didn't work in any way, but all appeared on right place and the sensation was that the success was in sight...

Now I know that two factors have been important:

1. "Reload VistaPE settings" feature, that in some way simulates a machine "reboot";

2. "startPNP.exe" (a psc's app) that worked so fine for this purpose.

Probably other elements have contributed to reach the goal and their possible analysis is the sense of this thread, but for now is "all" and as always every further consideration and/or experience is more than welcome... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

21 Jan 2008
Read Topic
nVIDIA ForceWare 66.32
File name: nVIDIA ForceWare 66.32

Description: the script will install nVIDIA ForceWare 6.14.10.6632, first Video Drivers ever seen in VistaPE.

Vista-compatible XP drivers (then SLI, Windows Aero and WDDM are not supported): both release and supported cards are not the newest, but this script allows to install 60 Graphics Card models in VistaPE...

I tested for a "long" time the script with my GeForce 6600 GT and it works so fine, most of all VistaPE likes it so much: both the sense of more stability and the observation of much more speed and fluidity are very impressive.

After many trials, efforts and searches in order to find better and widely results about driver itself the related INF file was modded (in some sites users publish almost the same modding, altough with other driver releases).
Furthermore some users speak about some XP nVIDIA drivers under Windows Vista as more reliable rather than dedicated (and bloated) ones: I did not test these differences, but I saw that this script has changed the way to run my VistaPE... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Microsoft ClearType allowed.

Simply copy the script in "\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\App\System".

[WB 074 * VistaPE 011]

This script contains Fast Res 1.0 too, a small freeware app that let you change screen resolution: however in my experience under VistaPE better way is to use Shell Swapper (otherwise, at least under LiteStep, it will be needed to reload the shell after changes because of then the taskbar not always remains visible in an environment however working).
Really could be available also "NVIDIA Settings" icon in systray, but it's needed a dedicated shortcut in order to display it after "Reloading VistaPE settings" and also the screen will blink every time the systray icon is clicked... I do not still know if it could be really useful and however I'm thinking about its possible availability...

In order to allow system PNP Detection the script contains "startPNP.exe": a fine psc's small application that both detects and installs matching Video Cards quickly and reliably with no further action about the script working.
About PNP Detection mode in the script there are two options: "Hidden" and "Normal".
In "Normal" mode the cmd window is visible and the user can see the installation steps (the screen will blink two-three times).
After the installation it's needed to "Reload VistaPE settings" (through its shortcut).

Have fun! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Note: the script has not been tested with other graphics cards rather than GeForce 6600 GT under VistaPE: if you test it in different conditions and/or environments, please then post a kind feedback... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Supported Graphics Cards:

GeForce2 MX/MX 400, GeForce2 MX 100/200, Quadro2 MXR/EX, GeForce2 Integrated GPU, GeForce4 MX 460, GeForce4 MX 440/440SE, GeForce4 MX 420, GeForce4 MX 440-SE, Quadro4 550 XGL, Quadro NVS, GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X, GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X, GeForce4 MX 4000, Quadro4 580 XGL, Quadro NVS with AGP8X, Quadro4 380 XGL, GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU, GeForce FX 5800 Ultra, GeForce FX 5800, Quadro FX 2000, Quadro FX 1000, GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, GeForce FX 5600, GeForce FX 5600XT, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, GeForce FX 5200, GeForce FX 5200LE, GeForce FX 5500, GeForce FX 5100, Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Quadro FX 500/FX 600, GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900, GeForce FX 5900XT, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900ZT, Quadro FX 3000, Quadro FX 700, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce FX 5700, GeForce FX 5700LE, GeForce FX 5700VE, Quadro FX 1100, GeForce 6800 Ultra, GeForce 6800, GeForce 6800 GT, Quadro FX 4000, NV41, GeForce 6600 GT, GeForce 6600, Quadro FX 540, Quadro FX 3400, GeForce 6800 Series GPU, GeForce PCX 5750, GeForce PCX 5900, GeForce PCX 5300, Quadro PCI-E Series, Quadro FX 1300, Dualview, Multiview.

Warning: possible custom settings (not defaults) of your devices must be made according to respective manufacturers specifications, otherwise you could do damage.
You will do that at your own risk!

Update: "NVIDIA Settings" shortcut added. It must be launched after complete drivers installation (that is after "Reload VistaPE settings").

Download file

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

20 Jan 2008
Read Topic
nVIDIA ForceWare 66.32
File name: nVIDIA ForceWare 66.32

Description: the script will install nVIDIA ForceWare 6.14.10.6632, first Video Drivers ever seen in VistaPE.

Vista-compatible XP drivers (then SLI, Windows Aero and WDDM are not supported): both release and supported cards are not the newest, but this script allows to install 60 Graphics Card models in VistaPE...

I tested for a "long" time the script with my GeForce 6600 GT and it works so fine, most of all VistaPE likes it so much: both the sense of more stability and the observation of much more speed and fluidity are very impressive.

After many trials, efforts and searches in order to find better and widely results about driver itself the related INF file was modded (in some sites users publish almost the same modding, altough with other driver releases).
Furthermore some users speak about some XP nVIDIA drivers under Windows Vista as more reliable rather than dedicated (and bloated) ones: I did not test these differences, but I saw that this script has changed the way to run my VistaPE... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Microsoft ClearType allowed.

[WB 074 * VistaPE 011]

This script contains Fast Res 1.0 too, a small freeware app that let you change screen resolution: however in my experience under VistaPE better way is to use Shell Swapper (otherwise, at least under LiteStep, it will be needed to reload the shell after changes because of then the taskbar not always remains visible in an environment however working).
Really could be available also "NVIDIA Settings" icon in systray, but it's needed a dedicated shortcut in order to display it after "Reloading VistaPE settings" and also the screen will blink every time the systray icon is clicked... I do not still know if it could be really useful and however I'm thinking about its possible availability...

In order to allow system PNP Detection the script contains "startPNP.exe": a fine psc's small application that both detects and installs matching Video Cards quickly and reliably with no further action about the script working.
About PNP Detection mode in the script there are two options: "Hidden" and "Normal".
In "Normal" mode the cmd window is visible and the user can see the installation steps (the screen will blink two-three times).
After the installation it's needed to "Reload VistaPE settings" (through its shortcut).

Have fun! (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Note: the script has not been tested with other graphics cards rather than GeForce 6600 GT under VistaPE: if you test it in different conditions and/or environments, please then post a kind feedback... (IMG:../forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Supported Graphics Cards:

GeForce2 MX/MX 400, GeForce2 MX 100/200, Quadro2 MXR/EX, GeForce2 Integrated GPU, GeForce4 MX 460, GeForce4 MX 440/440SE, GeForce4 MX 420, GeForce4 MX 440-SE, Quadro4 550 XGL, Quadro NVS, GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X, GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X, GeForce4 MX 4000, Quadro4 580 XGL, Quadro NVS with AGP8X, Quadro4 380 XGL, GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU, GeForce FX 5800 Ultra, GeForce FX 5800, Quadro FX 2000, Quadro FX 1000, GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, GeForce FX 5600, GeForce FX 5600XT, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, GeForce FX 5200, GeForce FX 5200LE, GeForce FX 5500, GeForce FX 5100, Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Quadro FX 500/FX 600, GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900, GeForce FX 5900XT, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900ZT, Quadro FX 3000, Quadro FX 700, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce FX 5700, GeForce FX 5700LE, GeForce FX 5700VE, Quadro FX 1100, GeForce 6800 Ultra, GeForce 6800, GeForce 6800 GT, Quadro FX 4000, NV41, GeForce 6600 GT, GeForce 6600, Quadro FX 540, Quadro FX 3400, GeForce 6800 Series GPU, GeForce PCX 5750, GeForce PCX 5900, GeForce PCX 5300, Quadro PCI-E Series, Quadro FX 1300, Dualview, Multiview.

Warning: possible custom settings (not defaults) of your devices must be made according to respective manufacturers specifications, otherwise you could do damage.
You will do that at your own risk!

Update: "NVIDIA Settings" shortcut added. It must be launched after complete drivers installation (that is after "Reload VistaPE settings").

Download file

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

16 Jan 2008
Read Topic
ClipBook Viewer
File name: ClipBook Viewer

Description: microscopic utility (XP source), greatly useful, which I can not renounce... but not existing in Windows Vista.

To see what is in your clipboard (passwords, texts, images)... and (wanting) to clear its content.

[WB 074 * VistaPE 011]

Download file

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

30 Dec 2007
Read Topic
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 Custom Install
File name: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 Custom Install

Description: the script will install Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 with fully-configured Profile and Plugins.

Plugins list:

1. Fast Video Download,
for quick Flash Video downloads (YouTube, etc.);

2. Fasterfox,
for network and performance tweaks;

3. FoxClocks,
for virtually all local time zones displayed in browser status bar;

4. Launchy,
to open and to watch in streaming Internet video links into a video application (VLC media player);

5. Stealther,
to disable browser referrer headers during your surfing (with 1 click on the Blue button).

Simply copy the script in "\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE\App\Network".

[WinBuilder 074 * VistaPE 011]

Update:

"RunFromRAM" option available.

Warning: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser is able to run from writable media only!

Download file

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Last Visitors
tommyt

1 Feb 2008 - 17:12

25 Jan 2008 - 8:51
foggw

25 Jan 2008 - 5:49
tutty

23 Jan 2008 - 1:27

2 Nov 2007 - 14:31

Comments
Other users have left no comments for online.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th February 2008 - 06:08 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here