Personal Photo
Rating

Options
Options
Personal Statement
DaveL doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Personal Info
DaveL
Age Unknown
Gender Not Set
Location Unknown
Birthday Unknown
Interests
No Information
Other Information
Statistics
Profile Views: 0*
Local Time: Feb 27 2008, 12:06 PM
2 posts (0 per day)
Contact Information
AIM No Information
Yahoo No Information
ICQ No Information
MSN No Information
Contact Send Message
Contact Private
* Profile views updated each hour

DaveL

Members

Topics
Comments
Friends
My Content
15 May 2007
Read Topic
Adding support for custom disk formats
Just found the ImDisk project today, it seems to be a good improvement upon anything else in the open source community. Good job! I'm looking at adding support for a custom disk format, most likely using the named pipe functionality to communicate to a user space program. Currently, I have implemented this with FUSE on Linux / OS X, and I'd like to have a similar open source project available for Windows. The disk format handler in question is provided by libewf (https://www.uitwisselplatform.nl/projects/libewf/).

Is there any documentation on the named pipe interface, other than the devio code? If not, are there any big changes planned for this interface?

I saw the update earlier with the offset option to allow for parsing a partition on a "physical" disk. Are there any plans to implement the disk emulation code such that the entire physical drive can be presented to Windows, to take advantage of the partition handling abilities there?

libewf is frequently used in computer forensics. At times, it is necessary to provide a "PhysicalDrive" interface to Windows or to provide a disk to VMware, etc that can booted. Any thoughts on what would be required to make this happen? (This probably ties in to the above question.)

Has there been any thought to a plug in architecture for disk formats? Yeah, this is probably well beyond the scope of the ImDisk project right now, but it never hurts to ask.

Again, great job on the project.

Dave
Last Visitors
DaveL has no visitors to display.

Comments
Other users have left no comments for DaveL.

Friends
There are no friends to display.
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th February 2008 - 05:06 PM

MKPortal ©2003-2006 mkportal.it

IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here